Last updated : 13 Jun 2019    

flexible housing

You can use your current and future EPF savings to help increase your eligibility limit for obtaining a housing loan from your financial institutions.

How It Works

  1. You set aside part of the savings in your Account 2 to a Flexible Housing Withdrawal account.
  1. When evaluating your loan eligibility, the financial institution considers your monthly EPF contribution as part of your income.
  1. Higher loan eligibility means you can now afford the home you've always wanted!

*The minimum savings period is one (1) year and ring fencing can only be used for one (1) house at a time. The maximum savings period is up to age 55, or subject to the date of your last housing loan or last day of ring fencing (whichever is earlier).

About Flexible Housing Withdrawal Account

The savings in this account cannot be used for Housing, Education, Health and Age 50 Withdrawal.

*The savings in your Account 2 can still be used for the above purposes.

The money you've set aside into this account belongs to you, and will not be assigned to the financial institution.
You will still receive an annual dividend for the savings in this account but it will be credited to your Account 2. You can withdraw the savings in this account once you have reached age 55 or in the case of Death, Incapacitation, Leaving The Country or Pensionable Employee Withdrawal.

Who Can Apply



Malaysians & Permanent Residents (PR)


Below 54 years of age


Purchased/built a residential homer


Have a housing loan with financial institutions approved by the EPF


*Residential Home - bungalow/terrace/semi-detached/apartment/condominium/studio apartment/townhouse/SOHO or a shoplot with a residential unit in Malaysia


How to Apply

Step 1

Get verification from the financial institution on loan details, home purchase /building and ring fencing

Step 2

Send in your application and the required documents through the financial institution

Step 3

Flexible Housing Withdrawal must be applied together with Buy/Build Home Withdrawal OR Reduce/Redeem Housing Loan Withdrawal 

What You Need


The required documents may vary for first and subsequent applications. So, it is crucial to compile all the required documents to ensure a smooth application process. 

1st Application

Subsequent Application


    You have the option to stop contributing to your Flexible Housing Withdrawal Account once your ring fencing has exceeded the period of one (1) year, and upon the approval of the financial institution.

    Ready to cancel? Just submit your application through the financial institution and they will forward it to the EPF.

    What You Need

    Type of Application Documents
    For cancellation of withdrawal Form KWSP 9Q(2)
    For withdrawals
    Form KWSP 9C (AHL)
    Verification letter of your housing loan balance
    For re-application of Flexible Housing Withdrawal for the same property Form KWSP 9Q(1)

    1. Certify your documents

    Ensure ALL copies of documents have been certified and acknowledged by the authorised persons.

    (complete with name, designation and official stamp except for copies of documents which require certification by an EPF officer)


    2. Double check your panel banks

    Refer to the list of EPF panel banks for direct crediting of payment into member’s account


    3. Submit to the EPF

    Send your completed submissions at your nearest EPF Counter or mail it to the EPF.


    4. Need more information?

    Refer to our product brochure for additional information.